How To Share Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets
Have you ever been working with an Excel document that needed to be accessed by multiple people? Often it is possible to grant access to these people, but only one person is able to edit. Here’s a simple trick to avoid that problem!
- In your Microsoft Excel document, click the File tab on the upper left hand corner of the screen and select Options from the left side menu.
- A new tab will open. Select Trust Center and then Trust Center Settings.
- A new tab will open. Select Privacy Options on the lower left hand of the column and then under Document-specific settings make sure “Remove personal information from file properties on save.” is unchecked. Press Ok.
- Under the Review tab at the top of the Excel worksheet, click on Share Workbook.
- A new tab will open. Make sure there is a check mark next to the box that states “Allow changes by more than one user at the same time.”
And there you have it! Now you can share Microsoft Excel spreadsheets without the worry of being unable to edit content due to multiple users at the same time!