Security Tip: Protect Your Personal Information
STOP. THINK. CONNECT., the global cybersecurity awareness campaign, gives us the below tips to keep our personally identifiable information protected while helping all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online.
- Secure your accounts: Ask for protection beyond passwords. Many account providers now offer additional ways for you to verify who you are before you conduct business on that site.
- Make passwords long and strong: You have heard it all before, now put it to use! Combine capital and lowercase letters with numbers and symbols to create a more secure password.
- Unique account, unique password: Separate passwords for every account helps to thwart cybercriminals.
- Write it down and keep it safe: Everyone can forget a password. Keep a list that is stored in a safe, secure place away from the computer.
- Own your online presence: Set the privacy and security settings on websites to your comfort level for information sharing. It’s ok to limit how and with whom you share information.