21st Annual BIT Golf Tournament
We have another BIT Golf Tournament in the books! This year marked the 21st consecutive year of holding this event. This time around we had 19 teams sign up which was near the top of any year previous. The 2014 BIT Golf Tournament was held on Thursday, September 4th at the Hillsview Golf course, an 18-hole course located near the Missouri River in southeast Pierre. It was a superb day spent in great weather conditions, although the wind was a bit gusty (hey, no one can complain about bugs)!
The format of the tournament was a four person scramble. Teams had the option to purchase additional one-putt’s (used on any hole x 4) to benefit their game throughout the day. To add a level of difficulty, each team had to follow special hole rules. For example, hole #3 was a “Pick 1 Club” rule-each player selects a single club before anyone tees off. Each player must have a different club and it cannot be a putter and they must use that club the entire hole! Participants also had the chance to win pin prize for the longest drive, longest putt, etc.
At the end of the day there was a variety of golfer prizes and awards handed out. The following are the results from this year. Feel free to pat these folks on the back in recognition of their achievement!
- Zach Reeve, Jim Reeve, Wayne Lauck, Kim Smith -11
- Lisa Rae, Brad Remmich, Gayle Varty, Brook Varty -8
- Andy Ogan, Dan Pollema, Jered Schock, Chass Beving -8
- Brad Samuelson, DJ Hausmann, Deanne Booth, Brenda Thomas +3
- Brandy McBride, Joey Schillinger, Dennis Stout, Andy Hubbart +3
- Dino Brooks, Mark Heier, Travis Newling, Tim Waters +6