We are hiring!
A degree in computer science, networking, telecommunications or a related field and 2-12 years of technology engineering experience depending on the technology engineer level assignment.
Software Engineer – Job ID 1184
The State of South Dakota is seeking a high-energy, innovative and motivated leader to play a key role on a team involved in the design, development, testing, and deployment of a large Medicaid application. This involves leading and mentoring teams of 2-5 software engineers. This role is both customer facing and engineer facing so the ideal candidate must have an 'ownership mentality' and a strong personality to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Under direction from the manager, leads a team of 2-5 software engineers on projects and leads teams through the entire software development lifecycle;
- Responsible for designing and writing J2EE compliant code utilizing standard IDE's;
- Participates in code reviews, meetings and discussions with Functional/Team Leads to understand the requirements and work out a design;
- Writes Java/XML/PLSQL/SQL code to meet the requirements and maintain coding standards;
- Mentors other Java developers in enhancing their skills;
- Continues enhancing own Java skills on new practices, frameworks and standards.