Take the Cyber Security Pledge!
- Take personal responsibility for security and
use good security practices.
- Pause and consider the risk before connecting to
- Lock my computer whenever leaving my work area.
- Treat my
mobile device like the powerful computer it is, and protect it -- both
physically as well as by activating security features such as password and
anti-lock, anti-virus software, and remote wipe.
- Use strong passwords and
create a separate one for each account.
- Never share my password with anyone.
- Follow my organization's policy and promptly report all security incidents or
concerns to the chief security information officer or BIT contact.
- Safeguard sensitive
data from any inappropriate disclosure.
- Do not post personal, sensitive, or
non-public information on social media.
- Do not participate in any cyber bullying
- Raise awareness of good security practices among my family, friends, colleagues, and community.
By signing the National Cyber Pledge you are affirming that you will take online security seriously and use safe computing practices both at home and at work.
Take the pledge by visiting www.cisecurity.org. After you sign the pledge, please encourage your friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors—everyone you can—to do the same! If we each pledge to do our part to make our piece of cyber space just a little bit more secure, we can truly make a difference in helping protect our nation's cyber assets.