Boston Marathon Bombing: Used to Disseminate Malware & Conduct Financial Fraud
- Be cautious of emails/websites that claim to provide information because they may contain viruses.
- Do not open unsolicited (spam) emails, or click on the links/attachments contained in those messages.
- Never reveal personal or financial information in email.
- Do not go to untrusted or unfamiliar websites to view the event or information regarding it.
- Never send sensitive information over the Internet before checking a website's security and confirming its legitimacy. Malicious websites may look identical to a legitimate site, but the URL may use a variation in spelling or a different domain (e.g., .com vs. .net).