Recent Standard Updates
BIT has routine methods and standard practices for development, processing and control of data processing systems and services performed by BIT staff. BIT has also established a list of standardized hardware and software for agencies to use in their daily work flow applications and for any necessary server-based applications.
Below is an overview of the recent standard updates. These updates can also be found on our website at: http://bit.sd.gov/standards/latest.aspx. For a complete list of standardized hardware and software, visit: http://bit.sd.gov/standards/list.aspx; also listed here are the wiring standards and vendor requirements.
December 10, 2012
- The Ultra-Portable Widescreen Notebook has transitioned to the Ultrabook 9470M.
- There is a new vendor for the unsecure USB Flash Drive
contract. The new vendor meets or exceeds all of the specifications,
has a significantly lower price point for the drives and printing on
these devices is available.
- Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader standard versions have transitioned to XI.
- The Color InkJet - Portable device on contract has transitioned to the HP OfficeJet 150 Mobile All-In-One.
- The Microsoft Wireless Explorer Touch mouse on contract has been discontinued. A replacement device on contract will be provided when product testing is completed.