Do you find yourself repeated doing the same steps in Outlook? Are you continuously sending updates to your supervisors or frequently moving a vast amount of emails to the same folder? Outlook can make your workday easier by providing features that will save you valuable time. Any time you find yourself repeatedly doing the same steps in Outlook, try creating a Quick Step that applies multiple actions at the same time to messages. They are a useful tool to help you keep a clean inbox and to generally be more efficient at using Outlook.
Learn to use the default Quick Steps in Outlook to improve your productivity:
· Move to: Moves the selected message to a mail folder that you specify and marks the message as read.
· To Manager: Forwards the message to your manager. If your organization uses Microsoft Exchange Server, your manager's name is detected in the Global Address List and inserted in the "To" box, or you can specify the recipient.
· Team E-mail: Forwards the message to others in your team. If your organization uses Microsoft Exchange Server, your team members names are detected in the Global Address List and inserted in the "To" box.
· Done: Moves the message to a specified mail folder, marks the message complete, and then marks it as read. This option can be used for reference messages that you have responded to or otherwise dealt with.
· Reply & Delete: Opens a reply to the selected message, and then deletes the original message.
· Create New: Create your own Quick Step to execute any sequence of commands, name it, and then apply an icon to help you identify it.
Depending upon your job and your general day to day activities, you might want to create different Quick Steps that are customized to your needs. Check back tomorrow for Part 2 to view a list of other Quick Steps that can work for you !